Chicken and Bisquick Dumplings
- 5 cups chicken broth (or 5 cups water with 9 bouillon cubes)
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 lb. – chicken
- 6 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes (for dumplings)
Add broth, seasonings, and chicken to crock-pot. Cook on high for about 8-10 hours, or low about 3-5 hours.
When it is almost done: mix cornstarch and water and place in a container with lid, and shake vigorously. stir mixture into crock-pot broth to thicken.
Then it is time to add the dumplings. Combine Bisquick, milk and parsley. Drop by heaping tsp. into broth. Check after 10 minutes to see if dumplings are cake like. When they are it is done.
Meatball with Potatoes Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- one bunch of green onions finely chopped (optional)
- any other seasonings you may want to add
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbls. evaporated milk
- 1 pkg. cheese scalloped potatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.2 tsp pepper
Mix the first group of ingredients together well and form into 1 inch meatballs. Vary the seasonings according to your families taste buds.
Place the potatoes in the slow cooker, then the meatballs. Mix the potato seasoning packet with the soup, water, salt and pepper; pour over meatballs and potato slices. Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2-7 hours.
I sometimes add thawed frozen vegetables during the last hour of cooking.
Pork Chops and Potatoes
- 1 Box cheese scalloped potatoes (I use French’s)
- 1/2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 -6 pork chops
Follow directions on box to fix potatoes. Add cheese. to mixture. Place pork chops on top of potatoes in crock-pot. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
Yummy Pasta and Broccoli
- 1 Onion (not too large)
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb Velveeta
- 1 pk Frozen broccoli & cauliflower
- 1 pk Shell noodles
Mix onion, cream of mushroom soup and Velveeta in a crock-pot on high until melted. Add broccoli and cauliflower until heated. Add cooked shells right before serving. A good way to get kids to eat vegetables!
Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables – Favorite of all Crock-pot Recipes
- 1 beef chuck pot roast (approx 2 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 medium sized baking potatoes (about 1 lb.), unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 2 large carrots, cut into 3/4″ slices
- 1 sliced medium onion
- 1 large parsnip, cut into 3/4″ slices
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
Trim off excess fat from roast. Cut into serving pieces, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in crock-pot. Add the vegetables, bay leaves, rosemary and thyme to slow cooker. Add the broth. Cover and cook on low 8 1/2-9 hours or until beef is tender. Remove beef from crock-pot to serving platter. Arrange vegetables around it. Remember to discard the two bay leaves.